Wednesday, April 10, 2013

H is for Hacer Amigos

Hacer amigos means to make friends. I think that your ability to make friends easily really enhances your travel experiences. I consider myself a friendly person, but I'm nothing compared to my boyfriend. Within 5 minutes of arrival at a place, he's had us invited to a local party. We step off of a bus in a metropolis, and he just happens to know the cook at the street restaurant we just happen to go to. I'm browsing for souvenirs and he's made friends with the vendor and been invited to his or her house for drinks later. I have no idea how he does it. I only get invited to go to parties by creepy men who tell me it's their life ambition to be with a white girl. Well, lucky me. Think I'll pass.

Seriously though, wherever you travel to, try to make friends with the local people. It'll really make for a great experience, and you'll get to experience the culture for what it really is. If you're no good at it, I recommend finding a friendly travel mate.

I don't have a lot of time to blog today, so I'll recommend a fellow A-Zer instead. You should check out http://www.mydestinationunknown.com. It's a pretty great travel blog which has inspired me to travel far and wide. :)

No comments: