Sunday, April 28, 2013

R is for Robar

Robar means to rob, or steal.

One day, I was walking leisurely home from a staff meeting at 11 a.m. when a stupid teenaged boy tried to steal my purse. Now, they always tell you- if someone tries to rob you just let them take your purse and run, and I swear that was my plan. But in the moment when I was supposed to apply said piece of advice my instinct was to scream and pull my purse towards myself. I guess my scream must have scared him away because he went running off- it was pretty loud. I don't think I could pull it off unless I were genuinely panicked. Anyway, I ran off in tears to try and find a friend to calm me down. Everybody told me I was lucky as the guy was obviously an amateur- a real thug would have just cut off my purse with a knife or knocked me out. So that was reassuring. I hope this never happens to you. Now I don't carry a purse with me. It allows me to walk with less fear. Which makes for a happier world for all of those people who have to listen to my rants.

No comments: